– TAPAS: If you don’t want to walk far, try La Taperia Domi. It’s next to our venue! Great fish, great tapas, and friendly waiters. Best to book in advance, as it is a small and popular place. The cook is available from 20.00h onwards. Closed on Mondays.
– SPANISH: El Caserio de las Monjas is a typically Spanish restaurant and just around the corner! They have a small terrace outside and a lovely garden inside. Food is good. Closed on Mondays.
– TAPAS AND WINE: Cruza La Calle is a new restaurant with many tapas and good prices. Don’t forget to ask about their wine list. Also, if you are a fan of Spanish Jamon Iberico (dried ham), this is my favorite place, as they cut it when you ask for it. Across the street is the famous fish restaurant La Gamba Dorada. Both restaurants are from the same owner.
– FANCY: If you want something fancier, you can go to El Pianista del Carmen. They have a terrace with beautiful views of the hills of Velez. Also, it’s a perfect place for some cocktails or a glass of wine. Open every day of the week. The cook is available from 20.00h onwards.
– MOROCCAN: at La Bohemia you can find tapas and Moroccan food. Try e.g. their “Pastela de Pollo” or “Tajin de cordero”. Around the corner of our venue. Closed for holidays until Wednesday.
– PIZZA: You can find the best Italian pizza in town at Pizza Parilla. You can take away your pizza or sit on their terrace in a lovely old courtyard with another bar. Don’t confuse the Pizza Parilla with the other pizza place almost next to it (which is less good). It opens at 19.00h. Very good prices. Closed on Mondays.
Good to know: Restaurants in Velez usually open at 20.00h. The Spanish don’t eat before 21.00h.